• You cannot reply to this topic

Welcoming Myself To The Club

#1 User is offline   GSTurbo 

• Almost-A-Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Vehicle:Black 95 GS-T

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

So after popping the radiator on the Eclipse, replacing the radiator and hoses and seeing/feeling no ill effects, I thought I was in the clear. After the most recent oil change(a couple days ago) I realized the damage may have already been done. I noticed the smell of burnt oil every once in a while and today finally saw with certainty that it was coming from the exhaust. It's a sad day as I don't yet know how bad the issue is, nor do I have the time to find out at the moment. This is me welcoming myself to the smokey, oil burning DSM club. Yay.

#2 User is offline   Turbo 

• I live here!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Racing, DSMs, Building Cars, Running and Growing My Business, My Loving Wife and Two Wonderful Kids

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Welcome. Get it fixed and treat it right and it will do the same to you.

#3 User is offline   GSTurbo 

• Almost-A-Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Vehicle:Black 95 GS-T

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

On it. Fairly sure it's just the turbo which is a stock t25. It's had some shaft play probably since I bought the car but without much issue till now. Now it sits in the garage until I get a big16. I've taken good care so far fixing leaks, coil packs, and changing oil regularly. She's been a lot better to me than my Civic which goes against all you hear about DSMs and Hondas.

#4 User is offline   Turbo 

• I live here!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Racing, DSMs, Building Cars, Running and Growing My Business, My Loving Wife and Two Wonderful Kids

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hondas are good, reliable cars. DSMs can be too. Problem is when people jack with them. Do it right, you'll be fine. Sounds like you're on the right path.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users