• You cannot reply to this topic

My Last Weekend In Dallas

#1 User is offline   sam 

• Resident Pinhead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Vehicle:90 Talon, 07 Mustang

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I closed on my hillbilly hideout a couple of weeks back. 30 acres in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nothing but Amish people and conservation land. I'm one mile from 400 acres of conservation land that you can ride horses on, hunt, fish, etc, and all of my neighbors have 50 - 300 acres. Little to no cell service (which is a problem that I'm hoping Verizon has a fix for) and absolutely silent at night. No sirens, no super bikes squidding it up on the highway, 10 minutes to the nearest town of 3200 people, and ~45 to one with >100K people. I absolutely LOVE IT out there.

Anyway - we're moving next week, so this is my last weekend in DFW. I'm having a very small get together at the house tomorrow for people to come down, eat, and just generally futz around. Most people are showing up ~18:00 (6PM), but people can come as early as noon if they have other stuff to do.

How do you know if you're invited? Well, if you know how to get here, I don't mind you being in my house. If you haven't been here, would like to come down and aren't afraid to ask, send me a PM and I'll reply on a case by case basis. If I tell you no please don't take it personally. I just live a very private life.

Dallas was fun - and I mean a lot of fun - for a while, but I really feel like this city is bad for me and I need to get back to my roots. I'll still post from time to time, and unless Runt tells me otherwise I'll still be hosting DDSM on my gear, but with 30 acres to take care of, it'll probably be a lot less often.

I'll post video of the place once I have time to edit it.

Anyway - It's been real and it's been fun. See you all on down the road somewhere.

Oh yeah. BYOB, and there may be some kids underfoot so no getting smashed and acting like a moron.

#2 User is offline   kapok6 

• I visit often!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Vehicle:1991 TSi AWD Auto

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Congrats. I want to do something similar some day...although it will not be anywhere near TX, or any southern state for that matter.

Enjoy the peace!

#3 User is offline   19BlackGST98 

• Super Deluxe Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Madden, my daughter, my cars, working out and coaching.
  • Vehicle:98 GST, 97 GSX Auto, 93 Trans Am, 09 Escape, 06 Grand Prix

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

Congrats on thr new place.

#4 User is offline   crackerman 

• Super Deluxe Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

where about is the new place? (direction from dfw?)
i moved out about 5 years ago to a little town of a thousand, i am 15 minutes from work, 2 walmarts and have no traffic unless there is a bad wreck on the highway...

congrats, you will love it! (once you get used to not having any place "convenient" to pick up food, snacks, cigs etc...)

#5 User is offline   sam 

• Resident Pinhead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Vehicle:90 Talon, 07 Mustang

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

500'ish miles north and a tad east.

I grew up up there. I didn't move down here until 2005, and like I said - it's been fun - but it's time to get back to the woods/hills ;)/>

#6 User is offline   95GS-T 

• The Little Engine That Could!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Vehicle:01 Lexus is300

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Congrats on the new place Sam!

#7 User is offline   Peter 

• Noodie
  • Vehicle:1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

Hey, Sam. It has already been 3 years since you've moved out. How's it going there? :thumbup:/>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users